Coverage of General Synod 2012:
- Thursday 06 September 2012 | 10:13amDraft minutes of General Synod 2012
- The draft Minutes of General Synod 2012 are now available to download.
- Saturday 09 June 2012 | 8:55amGeneral Synod Saturday 9 June
- Friday 08 June 2012 | 10:57amGeneral Synod Friday 8 June 2012
- A summary of the second day of General Synod 2012
- Friday 08 June 2012 | 8:17amGeneral Synod votes against adoption of the Anglican Covenant
- The General Synod of the Scottish Episcopal Church today voted against the adoption of the Anglican Covenant. Following a variety of views expressed by members of General Synod , the Motion that Synod agree in principle to adopt the Anglican Covenant was put to vote - 112 votes against; 6 votes in favour; 13 abstentions.
- Thursday 07 June 2012 | 9:42amGeneral Synod, Thursday 7 June 2012
- A summary of the proceeding of the first day of General Synod 2012.
- Tuesday 05 June 2012 | 9:14amGeneral Synod of the Scottish Episcopal Church
- Representatives from Dioceses across Scotland will gather in Edinburgh (Palmerston Place Church) from 7-9 June for the annual meeting of the General Synod of the Scottish Episcopal Church. Throughout the three day gathering, matters ranging from social issues to church policy will be debated.
- Friday 01 June 2012 | 1:45pmDiamond Jubilee
- The Most Rev David Chillingworth, Bishop of St Andrews, Dunkeld & Dunblane and Primus of the Scottish Episcopal Church has written to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II to offer the Church's warmest congratulations and good wishes on the occasion of her Diamond Jubilee, saying "We honour your sense of vocation. We admire and respect your unfailing commitment of service to your people in every walk of life; and we value the way in which you have quietly expressed the faith which strengthens you as you fulfil your calling." The Primus will attend the National Service of Thanksgiving to celebrate The Queen's Diamond Jubilee at St Paul's Cathedral on 5 June.
- Friday 25 May 2012 | 8:05amGeneral Synod 2012 - Agenda and Papers
- General Synod 2012 will take place on 7 - 9 June in Palmerston Place Church, Edinburgh. The Agenda and Papers are now available to download. A live audio stream of the proceedings of General Synod will be available during General Synod. General Synod 2012 Agenda and Papers | 4.3Mb | Zip
Coverage of General Synod from 2007 onwards is available in the General Synod News Archive »