Applications are invited for the post of House for Duty Priest for Saint Ninian’s Glen Urquhart.
St. Ninian’s is a small church, in a beautiful Highland glen near Loch Ness and within easy reach of the city of Inverness. The church, established in 1853, has been newly renovated and is at the centre of an extensive parish comprising several villages of various sizes and wide expanses of countryside. The congregation is not large but seeks to be as active as possible in bearing witness to our faith within the community.
We are looking for a priest:
- to work Sundays and two days (equivalent) per week;
- to maintain and develop links within the community (schools, care centre);
- to consolidate and expand co-operation with other churches in the area;
- to help members of the congregation to develop the role of the laity in worship and in outreach;
- to inspire us and explore with us new ways in which our church can fulfil its mission to glorify God and do His work.
We offer our priest our enthusiastic co-operation and a friendly welcome into a rural community in beautiful surroundings. We also offer accommodation in the form of a charming old, but completely modernised, cottage (two bedrooms, two reception rooms) in the village of Milton, beside Drumnadrochit on Loch Ness.
The priest must have, or obtain, Enhanced Disclosure Scotland (Protection of Vulnerable Groups). Own transport is also essential.
For our parish profile, any further information, and to apply for the post, please contact Bishop Mark Strange at firstname.lastname@example.org