Musselburgh is a seaside town 8 miles east of Edinburgh, within easy reach of all that the capital of Scotland has to offer. It is in East Lothian which extends from rolling hills in the south through rich fertile farmland before reaching the many attractive villages and beaches along the coast of the Firth of Forth, Scotland’s golf coast.
We are a faithful and welcoming congregation. We trust in God’s transforming message revealed in the Bible and seek to honour His will as we grow in faith together and share the gospel with those around us.
We are seeking a Priest-in-Charge who has:
- an aptitude for preaching and teaching
- the ability to lead, develop and empower a hard-working Vestry and Congregation, encouraging every member ministry
- a gift for developing disciples and who will enable us to do the same
- a constructive leadership style with good communication and delegation skills
- an interest in developing the young church, encouraging the involvement of families.
For more information or an informal discussion please contact The Very Reverend Frances Burberry (Dean of the Diocese of Edinburgh) on: 0131 315 0404 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you feel called by God to serve in our church and community, we would love to hear from you and look forward to welcoming you.
Congregational profile, person specification and application form are on the St Peter’s website (www.stpeters.scot).
The appointment is subject to a satisfactory PVG Scheme Record Disclosure (Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007).
Closing date: Monday 16 November 2020
First interview by Zoom: Week beginning 23 November 2020
Face-to-face interviews in Musselburgh: 12 December 2020
Registered Charity Number SC003445