United Diocese of Glasgow and Galloway
The Heartland Group – St Mary the Virgin, Port Glasgow, St Fillan’s, Kilmacolm & St Mary’s, Bridge of Weir
Is God calling you to serve in Renfrewshire in the Diocese of Glasgow and Galloway?
“Wanted: a missionally passionate and prayerful pastor”
Priest-in-Charge post funded for three years and extendable if considered to be successful at 2.5-year review.
These recently-merged charges form a single incumbency with one vestry. This is the result of many years working more closely together and sharing spiritual and material leadership. The charge now seeks a priest to lead them into the next chapter of ministry and mission in these three distinct settings: town and country settings, close-knit communities within a 10-mile radius of each other.
- Do you have a passionate faith committed to bringing the Gospel’s message of Jesus Christ to build the congregations and strengthen links within the wider community?
- Do you feel an excitement for leading the churches in a new chapter of mission and ministry?
- Do you delight in seeing God at work amongst people in all age groups?
- Do you enjoy working with trained lay people and encouraging lay participation in the life of the church?
- Are you comfortable with Scottish Episcopal liturgies in our inclusive ethos?
- Do you have a good sense of humour?
- three different settings, each with its own distinctive expressions of faithfulness;
- a Rectory house in Port Glasgow with outstanding views over the River Clyde;
- a Diocese which is open and outward-looking as a church seeking to develop its relationships with charge communities for mission and ministry;
- the opportunity to develop the charge and establish it once again as a Rectoral Incumbency.
Find out more
Applicants must be an ordained member of the Anglican Communion or in a denomination in full communion with the Scottish Episcopal Church.
Informal conversations welcomed: email@example.com
Enhanced disclosure will be required.
Closing date: 12noon on Friday 16 February 2024
First Zoom interview: to be confirmed.