St James the Less, Leith, Edinburgh www.stjamesleith.org.uk
Remuneration: Scottish Episcopal Church Clergy Standard Stipend
St James is located at the centre of the vibrant and multi-ethnic community of Leith.
We have an informal and inclusive worship practice which celebrates our Creator through a rich use of the creative arts.
We seek a Rector who can give a strong but gentle lead, with a vision to deepen and enrich the life of the church in terms of pastoral care, worship, and spiritual development, and be alongside us as we engage in the life of the Leith community, build links with other local faith communities, and fulfil our call to local and national mission.
- A thriving, friendly congregation, with extensive participation in church life
- A contemporary worship tradition with a great music team
- A practical and experienced Vestry committed to service and leadership
- A spacious, recently renovated Rectory in a pleasant location
We seek someone who will:
- Help us develop a vision of faith and church in the 21st century
- Continue to develop our engagement with God’s word and God’s world through creative use
- Work collaboratively with the Vestry and members of the congregation
- Lead us to become more outward-facing and engaged with community locally and beyond
For more information or an informal discussion please contact The Very Reverend Frances Burberry (Dean of the Diocese of Edinburgh) on: 0131 315 0404 or e-mail: email@example.com
Congregational profile, person specification and application form are on our website.
The appointment is subject to a satisfactory PVG Scheme Record Disclosure (Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007).
Closing date: Monday 28 September
First Interview by Zoom: 19-24 October.
Face-to-face interviews in Edinburgh: Saturday 31 October
Registered Charity Number SC002833