We are looking for an experienced youth leader to develop and lead our youth ministry, inspiring and working with volunteers and staff to help young people aged 11-18 within, and beyond the church, to encounter God and engage with Jesus.
We are at an exciting time in the life of Ps & Gs. As society rebuilds after the global pandemic, we have been continuing to deliver and expand our ministries to respond to the ever-changing needs of our congregation and city. As well as Sunday services, we offer a wide range of courses, activities and ministries.
Edinburgh is an exciting city to live in, with world renewed entertainment and hospitality venues as well as hundreds of brilliant independent shops, retailers and venues – we know you’ll love being here!
Below are some of the key information about the role but more can be found in the full job description and terms available on our website. (www.psandgs.org.uk/jobs)
- Working with Ps & Gs Young People: Developing opportunities for all 11-18 year olds connect to Ps & Gs to grow in their faith
- Strategy and Administration of the Youth Ministry: Ensuring efficient administration and communication underpins the youth ministry
- Overseeing and Leading the Ps & Gs Youth Team: Facilitating regular planning meetings for the youth teams, and training as required
- Working as part of the Ps & Gs staff team: Playing your part as a key leader in the church community
- Working beyond Ps & Gs: Identifying new areas of ministry, such as outreach in schools or other community groups
Key T’s & C’s
- The role is Full Time and permanent
- Salary is in the range of £24,000 –£27,000.
- Five weeks’ holiday per year, plus five designated public holidays, plus five public holidays to be taken at a time of your choosing.
- Contributions to a pension scheme
To apply for this post please complete an application form and return it, along with your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Final closing date is Friday 21 October at 12.00 pm however we will review applications on their receipt and may close the advert early if we receive a suitable application.
This post carries an Occupational Requirement, in line with the Equality Act 2010, that the successful candidate is a Christian.