Who to contact about your vocation

Your first contact should be your Rector or Chaplain (if you are at school, college or university). They will know you best and be able to talk with you about the range of ministries that are possible.

Lay Readership

If you think you may be called to be a Lay Reader, you should speak about it first with your Rector or chaplain, who may then contact your diocese’s Warden of Lay Readers:

DioceseNameEmailTelephone number
AberdeenMrs Avril Hernavrilhern@mac.com01467 642536
Argyll and the IslesMr Donald Shelldonald.shell@googlemail.com01631 562688
BrechinDr Peter Smartsmartpeterdr@btinternet.com01674 840789
EdinburghMrs Janet McKinnelljanet.mckinnell@btinternet.com01368 850604
GlasgowMr Kevin Boakkevin@boak.fsworld.co.uk01436 676852
Moray, Ross and CaithnessRev Canon Ian Pallettpallett3000@btinternet.com01349 862204
St Andrews, Dunkeld and DunblaneRev Bob Harleyrobert.harley@gmx.co.uk01575 575515

Ordained Ministry

If you think you may be called to ordained ministry (deacon or priest), you should speak about it first with your Rector or chaplain, who may then contact your Diocesan Director of Ordinands:

DioceseNameEmailTelephone number
Aberdeen and OrkneyRev Vittoria Hancock vittoriahancock@gmail.com01339 755919
Argyll and The IslesContact the Bishop, the Rt Rev Kevin Pearsonbishop@argyll.anglican.org01631 570870
BrechinRev Kirrilee Reidrector@allsaintsglencarse.org01738 860386
Edinburgh(1) Rev Canon Marion Chatterleymarion.chatterley@blueyonder.co.uk0131 667 6847
Edinburgh(2) Rev Richard Cornfieldrichard@psandgs.org.uk 0131 556 1335
Glasgow and GallowayRev Canon Tom Montgomerytmontgomery1@hotmail.co.uk01292 313731
Moray, Ross and CaithnessRev Iain Macritchieiain.macritchie@nhs.net
St Andrews, Dunkeld and DunblaneRev Canon Dom Indind.dominic@gmail.com01786 832368

Provincial Officer

The Provincial Director of Ordinands has oversight of the discernment process and is responsible to the College of Bishops.

Rev Canon Dr Alison Peden
General Synod Office, 21 Grosvenor Crescent , Edinburgh EH12 5EE
T 0131 225 6357