For the sixth Sunday after Pentecost the Rt Revd Anne Dyer, Bishop of Aberdeen & Orkney leads a Celebration of the Eucharist from St Mary’s Episcopal Church, Carden Place, in the Diocese of Aberdeen and Orkney. The service will begin at 11am.
Bishop Anne is joined digitally by the Rev Mike Blake, Assistant Curate at St Andrew’s, Alford as Deacon as well as Jane Blake and Christopher Gospel who are the readers.
John Rutter’s ‘For the Beauty of the Earth’ is sung by Elizabeth Poobalan and Sam Paul (Head Chorister and Lay Clerk from the Choir of St. Andrew’s Cathedral, Aberdeen) with Director of Music Christopher Cromar on the piano. The organist is Michael Bawtree.
You can download the liturgy ahead of the service here: https://bit.ly/SixthSunday
And you can join the service from 11am at:
In addition to the online resources, there is a telephone service to allow those who do not have internet access to listen to the service of worship by telephone. The facility is free of charge for anyone calling by landline or mobile phone from within the UK. It will be helpful if those who have online access to worship continue to use that method rather than using the telephone line, to avoid unnecessary additional cost incurred by the GSO, and we would also appreciate help in reaching non-internet users who are unable to see this information.
Anyone who would like full details of how to access the telephone line, in order to share them with someone who needs this service should email AidanS@scotland.anglican.org.
Links to the liturgy and links to join the service will be available before the service, on Saturday.
Subtitles are available on both platforms, if selected by the user. Look for the CC icon at the bottom of the display screen on YouTube; on Facebook, go to Settings, then Video, then select Always Show Captions.
A list of Scottish Episcopal churches offering their own online worship is available here.
You can download previous services here:
- Sunday 21 June – The Third Sunday after Pentecost – A Celebration of the Eucharist
- Thursday 18 June – A Service of the Word
- Sunday 14 June – The Second Sunday after Pentecost – A Celebration of the Eucharist
- Thursday 11 June – A Service of the Word for the Feast of St Barnabas
- Sunday 7 June – Trinity Sunday – A Celebration of the Eucharist
- Sunday 31 May – Pentecost – A Celebration of the Eucharist
- Thursday 28 May – Service of the Word
- Sunday 24 May – Seventh Sunday of Easter
- Thursday 21 May – Service of the Word for Ascension Day
- Thursday 21 May – A Celebration of the Eucharist for the Feast of the Ascension
- Sunday 17 May – Sixth Sunday of Easter
- Thursday 14 May – Service of the Word
- Sunday 10 May – Fifth Sunday of Easter
- Sunday 3 May – Fourth Sunday of Easter
- Sunday 26 April – Third Sunday of Easter
- Sunday 19 April – Second Sunday of Easter
- Sunday 12 April – Easter Sunday
- Saturday 11 April – The Easter Vigil
- Friday 10 April – Good Friday
- Thursday 9 April – Maundy Thursday
- Sunday 5 April – Palm Sunday – The Rt Rev Andrew Swift, Bishop of Brechin
- Sunday 29 March – The Rt Rev John Armes, Bishop of Edinburgh
- Sunday March 22 – The Most Rev Mark Strange, Primus of the Scottish Episcopal Church: